Purchasing Medicare insurance can be a complicated and confusing process. The stakes are high with your health and financial well-being on the line.
How do you know you’re getting the best value and coverage? Are you sure you have the right plan and not being forced to fit into something you don’t need?
An Independent Insurance agent can do many things for you including offering you the best plans from a variety of sources. Rather than working with one carrier and one insurance plan, the Independent Agent can quickly check prices, provider networks, drug formularies and coverage options with dozens of different insurance carriers. Because rates and benefits can vary widely depending on your circumstances, an Independent Agent can usually find you a better deal than you can for yourself.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose an Independent Agent:
1) Choice: Independent Agents can sell policies from a variety of carriers because they are not employed by a specific company. That means you have a choice of plans from many different insurance companies. The Independent Agent will shop around for the best value and coverage on your behalf. Whereas a “Captive” agent working for an insurance company will work hard to sell you any plan in their limited portfolio. You will always get a more comprehensive view from an Independent Agent.
2) Money Savings: The more options you have the more likely you are to find a policy that not only fits your needs but saves you money. An Independent Agent doesn’t have a vested interest in any brand or company, so they can focus on getting you the best coverage at the best price.
3) Personal Healthcare Advocate: Your Independent Agent is your personal healthcare advisor. They can help you sort through all the plans and use their experience to guide you into the best policies and avoid the bad ones. They look at your current and future needs to ensure your plan evolves with your changing status. Additionally, your agent will oftentimes act as your advocate with the carriers. If you have a billing or claim question, or need to change your coverage, your agent can be your advocate, working with the insurance company on your behalf.
4) Local Knowledge: Many Independent Agents live in your area and use their market knowledge to provide you with the best solutions. Oftentimes carriers provide certain benefits based on the county or region and your Independent Agent will be knowledgeable about these benefits.
5) Peace-of-Mind: An Independent Agent will always be working on your behalf. When it comes to the complex world of Medicare, medications and claims, you’ll have peace-of-mind knowing you have a personal advocate working on your behalf. No matter what changes are happening with your carrier or plan, you’ll rest assured knowing your agent is looking out for you!